- You must pick a global topic that you don’t already know a lot about. I want everyone to study a different topic, so once you have an idea, comment below. Once it’s approved, I’ll add it to this google doc. Get your ideas in quick, because if your idea is already on the doc, you’ll have to choose another. If you want to change your topic later, email your chapter leader and we can sort it out.
- You must describe the problem, current solutions that have been put into place, and then come up with your own solution to the problem. Your solution must be semi-realistic. For example, if you are describing a not-yet-invented type of technology as your solution, you must describe how it works and the basic science behind it.
- Your paper should be at least two pages long, double spaced with 12 pt Times New Roman font. You’ll need a bibliography on a third page for all the sources you used.
- Your paper must be well organized, with a clear intro, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Write your name and Chapter in the Header.
- Create a 10 minute (must be 10 minutes!) presentation. This can include a powerpoint, media, posters, or a video (made by you!). Your presentation MUST include some form of audience participation.
- The presentation will take place on August 1st**. Don’t wait until the last minute!
**This is subject to change as space for the presentation has not been booked yet.